Our favorite desserts are no bake, no fuss and a major joy. We put 10 of them together for The Daily Meal today. And, yes, this is what our job looks like. (Some days at least).
If you’re worried about not putting in the extra effort to make dessert, remember our cardinal rules of entertaining: one course should be entirely store-bought.
Next time you’re hosting buy a few good-quality ingredients and assemble dessert. No one will notice, or if you have friends who care then reconsider the friendship.
Enjoy! We did.
1. Strawberries mixed with lemon whipped cream (add zest to cream before whipping)
2. Strawberries dipped in lemon curd- yogurt sauce (make just the lemon-yogurt sauce from this recipe)
3. Italian-style affogato–espresso and whipped cream over gelato
4. Root beer floats in tall chilled glasses with striped straws
5. Fresh fruit and decadent chocolate bars
6. Store-bought angel food cake, toasted with a smear of Nutella and and a sprinkle of toasted almonds, hazelnuts or sea salt
7. Ice cream sandwiches made with good bakery cookies, Haagen-Daz ice cream and sprinkle of sea salt
8. Fresh berries tossed with good balsamic vinegar, chopped basil and a dollop of sweetened mascarpone
9. Biscotti al Vin Santo: Store-bought biscotti with Vin Santo and seasonal fruit
10. Baklava and mint tea
Any favorites we forgot?